Florida is synonymous with boating, and if you have a boat, you should have boat insurance. Let First Florida Underwriters Inc serving the area of Orange Park, FL assist you today.
A boat is an asset, so it is logical to look at insurance options. In Florida, boat insurance is a subcategory of marine insurance. Consider the following checklist when reviewing boat insurance.
- State law may require you to register your boat, so be sure to keep your registration papers in a safe place. Take the time to review any additional state regulations.
- What is the size of my boat? Insurance will likely have size categories that boats are divided into so know your footage
- Is my boat motorized? That is a fairly easy one to answer.
- Where is my boat kept – do I lease moorings at the docks, or do I keep it on my property?
- What will the repair or replacement cost be if my boat is stolen, damaged, or destroyed? The price tag is not always what you will pay to replace your possession
- Is there liability insurance? This is a big one because it is unlikely that you will always go out on your boat by yourself. There may be additional safety requirements like wearing a life jacket in order for your liability insurance to be paid.
- If I leave Florida with my boat temporarily, will my boat insurance still provide cover?
- Do I need my boat insurance to cover wreckage and salvage?
- Am I transporting any kind of cargo with my boat and how is that covered?
While boat insurance may seem simple when you are starting out, there are many areas to evaluate. Be sure to contact First Florida Underwriters Inc serving the Orange Park, FL area today!